Start the Assistive Technology Journey: From Consideration to Capacity Building to Implementation: Gaylord
May 14, 2018
Is assistive technology consideration REALLY happening for all of your students?
Do all students have access to the assistive technology that they need in order to access, and progress, in the curriculum?
Does every adult in your building or district know what they need to know about assistive technology to ensure that students get what they need?
This full-day training will help your team begin to:
- think about a sustainable, team-based, local district approach to AT consideration
- consider the skills and knowledge that the team would need
- plan how best to develop those skills and knowledge in team members
Participants will also learn about a 40-hour AT Journey Symposium being offered next year, and how this one-day learning experience will lead into more in-depth, hands-on learning and planning for effective AT service delivery.
Team participation is strongly recommended and should represent the following backgrounds:
- Assistive Technology, Educational Technology, and Technology Consultants, Coordinators, and Specialists
- General Education and Special Education Teachers and Paraprofessionals
- Therapists and Related Services Personnel
- General Education and Special Education Administrators
$20.00 Each Team Member (team of 3 or more)