Alt+Shift COVID-19 Update
During this extended school closure due to COVID-19, the well-being of you and your communities is on our minds.
We are here to provide technical assistance and resources for families and educators related to:
- Accessibility of learning environments and digital materials
- Assistive Technology
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Mathematics for students with disabilities
The following resources are available to families and educators to support accessible learning environments for students with disabilities:
- Guidance for schools [pdf] related to the provision of assistive technology during the school closure
- Online training modules that help educators create digitally accessible Word documents, PDFs, and PowerPoint slides
- A Learning Trajectories quick win that helps educators understand where to begin mathematics instruction and remediation
- A Universal Core Vocabulary quick win that offers educators an alternative way to support communication with their student(s)
- Our technical assistance form is always available for questions related to the content areas listed above
We will continue to add resources as they are identified.