First Author Writing Software
First Author helps you make students (your scribblers and letter tracers) into writers. It does so by taking students through a three-step process: choosing a topic, selecting a picture prompt, and writing with the support of built-in accommodations.
For Teachers, First Author handles the most time-intensive teacher tasks automatically, making it really easy to use. It allows students to write independently and teachers to support them with instruction.
- Word banks and picture prompts are generated automatically
- Writing progress is graphed automatically
- Accommodations are built in
Who needs First Arthur? Students with:
- Challenges writing the most basic communications
- Mild, moderate, and severe developmental disabilities— including autism
- Physical disabilities that make writing difficult
- Teach in self-contained classrooms
- Have students with developmental disabilities, including autism
- Are teaching Handwriting Without Tears to their middle and high school students
Software is not compatible with Windows 10 operating system.
You must Login/Register and be approved for Lending Library access to borrow items.
Please call the Lending Library at (517) 908-3916 if you have any further questions.Login to Order